lillipie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

Brody update


Hello Everyone,

I first want to thank everyone for your prayers. I know that during the doctors appointment today many prayers were going up because I was calm. And, Brody did not cry at all while the doctor was doing the exam and the ultrasound. He is such a good baby.
The doctor stated that Brody could have one of the three things: 1. an urachal cyst, 2. Urachal sinus or a 3. Patent urachus. After the ultrasound he feels that it is a patent urachus. From what I understand the urachus (tube going from umbilical cord to bladder) fails to close at birth. Apparently we all have one. I had no idea. We are going back next Monday the 31st for a VCUG xray. This is where they run a catheter to the bladder; fill the bladder with liquid and take xrays. Brody will not be sedated during this test. It should take about 30 minutes. Thankfully, Bryan and I can be with him during the test to keep him as calm as possible. After the xray, we will then see Dr. Williams again. He will see if in fact Brody does have a patent urachus or one of the other things. They are fixable, but with surgery. There are no adverse side effects from this. From what I understand once it fixed it is fixed. I am not sure how long or if he will have to stay in the hospital.
I will keep everyone updated. Again, I thank you so much for the prayers that are being lifted up for us. I can feel the power of prayer surrounding us.

By His Grace,
Sarah

No comments: