lillipie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

One Word

So, if you are like me, then you may not be into keeping New Year's Resolutions. I always say that I make internal suggestions to myself, but not really resolutions. About a week ago I was listening to K-Love, and they were talking about My One Word (www.myoneword.org). Instead of making a bunch of resolutions that you may or may not keep, you decide the type of person that you would like to be at the end of the year. You find characteristics of this person, and then you pick one word to describe this person that you want to be at the end of the year. You find books and scripture about this word to help you for the year.
I have chosen the word GENTLE. At times I tend snap at my husband or son for no reason. I may be thinking about something else or not feeling well, but it is my intent to be a gentler person at the end of the year.
Philippians 4:5 says, "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." (NIV). The Message says is like this, "Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in Him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them to see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute."

No comments: